Monday, February 20, 2017

2017.02.20

Today was Mommy Duck, in the Fukutaro Arena. Everything went fine, really, no big mistakes. In the downtime with other employees I found myself trying to stfu, knowing that all I ever want to do is add a joke that no one enjoys or even gets. I still embarrassed myself with a few.

I wanted to clean when I got home, but it's now 6pm and nothing in this room or the kitchen has changed. I'd hoped that when Kenji said he's on his way home it'd light a fire under my butt. I also really need to do laundry but it's raining, so I'll have to hang it inside and just hope it's not too wet tomorrow morning. Even if I'd wanted to do it earlier, it was too windy- like REALLY windy today. I also noticed that it's the first rain of Pisces season. I might collect rain water; the only question is whether I'll properly label it so I know what the hell it is (as opposed to all the other rain water I've collected at ??? some time).

Kenji messaged me from work asking me to make dinner, which never happens. I was worried he wasn't able to do it, he was sick, or running super late. Turns out he just wanted me to cook it for the sake of eating food Id cooked. I made the most bland mixture of chicken breast, onion and eringi I could come up with. He finally popped the bottle of champagne that was giving us so much trouble before, and we both just sat on our respective laptops doing our thing.

I really do enjoy that, though. It may seem that despite being in the same room, we're both in our own worlds, separated from each other emotionally or mentally. Really, though, it's better. We both get to do what we want, both get the satisfaction of knowing that the other is doing what they want, and still have the other person available for random commentary or communication. Is this a millennial thing? I remember seeing a webcomic ages ago of a live-in couple, where one person was working in an office-like room on their computer, and the other simply asked to read in that room. It was sweet.


☽□♆ 0243
⚹MC 0910
☽△♂ 1413
☽△♀ 1341
☿ 2131
☽I☌AC 2151
☽△♅ 2339
⚹AC 2354

**Personal transits are in blue**

No comments:

Post a Comment